Starting a Business
- Introduction to Business Plans from Entrepreneur Magazine a step-by-step tutorial on the parts of a business plan
- SBDC provides a number of articles and guides to help you develop a small business plan
- Get inspired by looking at sample plans that may be close to your own business or industry
Federal Business and Contracting
From business plans to media outlets to government sites there are lots of free resources and SCORE has compiled some to get you started on your quest to become a viable business.
- SAM: Register your company in the System for Award Management if you plan to compete in the federal market place.
- FBO: Search for federal opportunities in FedBizOps
- MBE: Maryland DOT, information regarding certification as a Minority Business Enterprise(MBE), Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE)and/or Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- SBA Tools: A suite of tools can help you at any stage of your business venture. From business tools to training, this is a valuable resource.
Software and Apps
- OpenOffice: If you don’t have access to Excel, Word or Powerpoint and you don’t have to spend the money to buy it. Visit Open Office, you can download free office software that will help your productivity and will not break your budget! This software uses all the commands you are use to and can be exported into any Microsoft program.
- Dropbox: Safe and secure way to transfer documents.
- EverNote: Voted one of the best apps for business – EverNote is an efficient and usable app enabling you to rapidly scan your notes and also create new ones.