Each year, SCORE counselors touch thousands of lives, generously sharing their knowledge and experience so that entrepreneurs can realize their dreams of business success. If you want to share your business expertise, give back to your community, gain satisfaction from seeing others succeed and connect with like-minded people, consider becoming a Frederick SCORE volunteer. Pass on your experience, knowledge, and advice to new and aspiring entrepreneurs. The chapter is always seeking additional volunteers. If you are an experienced retiree, an active business owner, or an executive or professional and willing to volunteer as little as 5 hours per month, we would greatly appreciate talking with you.
You don’t have to be retired to become a volunteer. You just need appropriate business experience and be willing to donate your time and expertise to further our mission and help new and struggling small business owners in the Frederick community.
If you are not interested in counseling there is a need for volunteers interested in administrative and support functions. We also have volunteer positions that include administration, teaching, marketing, website and writing projects.
By volunteering you will:
- Give something back to your community
- Experience the satisfaction of seeing your clients succeed and grow
- Share with others your hard-earned, real-world knowledge and experience
- Continue your lifelong learning and expand your experience
- Build friendships with colleagues, clients and community members
- Become a leader in SCORE chapter management
- Build relationships with colleagues, community members, and small businesses
- All new SCORE counselors participate in an orientation and training program, so they understand SCORE's mission, services and the opportunities for volunteer participation. The Counselor Professional Development Program also provides guidance on how to be a business counselor and apply new listening, interviewing and problem-solving skills -- specifically to business counseling and mentoring.
To find out more, please contact our Chapter to become a SCORE counselor. Call us at 240.215.4757 or download the membership application here. Download the form and scan and then email the form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to us at 866-871-7802.
We look forward to hearing from you!